Monday, January 14, 2013

i'm ready to change...for good.

i'm currently a 23-year-old who has been overweight since i was about twelve. it's been goin' up ever since then. i've always been the big girl with a pretty face, and quite frankly, the pretty face isn't cutting it for me anymore. i've yo-yo dieted since i was in high school, but can never keep it off. college really screwed me over in this sense. the lifestyle of a student is eat whatever is cheapest and fastest (at least that's how it was for me and pretty much everyone i know). in college i weighed anywhere from 180-230. i am now at my all time high of 253, and i am 5'5...it sucks, AND i'm still a student (in grad school). when on diets, i can usually do well for a month or so, then i fall back into old habits. my parents are actually the ones who got me going on looking into weight loss surgery and are 100% supportive. they have seen me exercise my ass off, practically starve myself, go on appetite suppressant medicine, do weight watchers, south beach and some other diet thing i tried...pretty much anything i could try to lose weight, and they have also seen me disappointed again and again. so, here i go, i'm only in the very beginning stages of researching insurance stuff right now...trying to figure out what is covered and whatnot. i'm really crossing my fingers that i can get the ball rolling soon, because i am more than ready to do this. i'm ready to be the fit, toned, thin and happy on the inside and outside girl with the pretty face. 


                                                               mom, me, dad

me 


go hokies! 

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! You should the Followers widget so I can join the site and follow your posts :) Let us know what you find out about insurance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry... *ADD the Followers widget :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. alright! i thiiiink i just did it. can you let me know if what i did is correct?

      Delete